[bookshare-discuss] Re: O T JAWS 10

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:56:03 -0600

actually though I wasn't happy about the $180 I had to pay for the SMA, I paid it because you have to keep up. If you don't, eventually your software becomes unusable. Then you put out a lot more for the brand new package. Your choice is death by a thousand cuts or one big slash. Anyway on the freedom scientific websight there is a presentation FS-Cast which talks about the new features in JAWS ten. On the web cast Jonathan Mosen says that if you do not like the way JAWS now operates you can change it. You can for example eliminate the boops and beeps and turn "auto forms mode" off. I just went in to my utilities manager. insurt-J and dow arrow once to utilities. then I loaded the configuration manager. Hit alt key again and right arow once. Your first choice is user options. just like in JAWS 9. The next choice down is forms mode options. Here you can change auto forms mode and change or stop sounds being played when JAWS 10 goes in to forms mode.

I can discuss this at more length at diverson@xxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>