[bookshare-discuss] Re: O T JAWS 10

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:43:03 -0500

Did you look at the tutorials on the FS website? That might help. I want Jaws 10 precisely because of that forms mode feature. ----- Original Message ----- From: <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>

To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:33 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] O T JAWS 10

Yesterday I got JAWS 10 and promptly installed it. Today I uninstalled it and reinstalled JAWS 9. I saw no advantages to JAWS 10 and there were a lot of very annoying features not the least of which was the fact that every time I tried to scroll past an edit field there was a plopping sound and I found myself in forms mode and stuck in the edit field. Then there were many various operations that I often perform that would simply not work anymore. Can anyone convince me that there is any advantage at all in reinstalling that program or does everyone else consider it a piece of trash too? This is not a rhetorical question. I paid a pretty good sum for the Software Maintenance Agreement that allowed me to receive it automatically and I really would like someone to tell me convincingly that I did not waste my money.