[bookshare-discuss] New Star Trek submitted

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:25:21 -0700

Don't know if I mentioned this earlier or not, but I just submitted a 3-in-1
omnibus called Star Trek: The Janus Gate.  Figured I'd let you know since I
have read at least a couple people interested in more Trek.
Here's the book jacket info:
*****
The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise lost   in time and space

A gripping adventure that takes place just after the events of The Naked Time
Original Series episode.

Includes Present Tense, Future Imperfect and Past Prologue.

Captain James T. Kirk and his crew are checking on a survey team they left on
the seemingly peaceful and uninhabited world of Tlaoli when an intriguing
mystery-which poses a grave risk to the Starship Enterprise comes to light. The
remains of nineteen crashed starships have been found scattered across the
planet's surface, pulled out of orbit by some unknown force. And now the survey
team has gone missing. Assembling a rescue party, including a
wet-behind-the-ears Ensign Chekov, Kirk sets out to search a complex cave
system, only to find that dilithium-powered equipment is useless. With only
primitive equipment to guide them, the team is working its way to the surface
... when suddenly Kirk and Chekov vanish into thin air.

Spock dispatches Chief Helmsman Hikaru Sulu on a search-and-rescue mission, but
the Kirk that is found is not the one who disappeared. For the force field on
the planet, an alien transporter dubbed the Janus Gate, has switched the
Captain with a very young James Kirk, and Sulu with an alternate version of
himself--a battle-scarred commando who claims that in his future,

the United Federation of Planets is locked in a fierce struggle against the
brutal Gorn Hegemony. And that the Enterprise never had a Captain Kirk.