[bookshare-discuss] Re: More New Books

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:49:17 -0500

Brenda,

I expect people will have to read books in English or Spanish for now.
Don't forget that before Bookshare can support another language they have to
have staff which can understand that language.

As for how people will specify which language they want to see new books in,
I would expect people to pull up the version of Bookshare which supports the
language they intend to read the books in and go to the Browse New Books
page for that version of Bookshare.  If you aren't sure what I'm talking
about, then look at the top of the main page and you'll see links for
Spanish and English.  Clicking on the Spanish link takes you to a version of
Bookshare which they are translating into Spanish.  I haven't checked in a
few weeks, but the last time I looked, they still had some more translation
to do.  they've definitely made progress, though.  I believe they're calling
the new site Libros.  Eventually I would expect that each version of
Bookshare will have its own Browse New Books page specific to that language.
We'll probably have to go through an interim period like we're doing now,
though, when they add a third language since they'll probably add books in
another language to the collection before creating the website for that
third language.

HTH

Gerald