[bookshare-discuss] K 1000 makes me feel stupid

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 06:02:02 -0400

I scanned The Hamlet into my computer and went back to validate it and did
something wrong - I don't know what - when I tried to convert it from .kes to
.rtf.  Now when I try to open it either in Kurzweil or in Word Perfect I get a
message that wordperfect cannot open it [so I deleted that one] and went back
to Kurzweil but get a message it cannot find what the format is.  It looks like
I may have to start all over again unless I can somehow reformat the file but I
don't know how. I have a tech who insists that the answers are in the tutorial
and I am working on it but it seems to take for ever as it is based on the
assumption that I can easily and quickly remember the instructions for using
the keypad and function keys.  I am used to using the mouse and sight to work
on the computer so the instructions based on the assumption that I am blind are
false in my case.  I have too little sight and what I have is a bit strange so
I cannot read much without getting a migraine but I do have enough to work with
the menus and the mouse.  I can learn the other way but it will take time and I
would like to validate this book first if I can.  It won't take long as the
scan is very good but I do need to work on it magnified which I did not do with
the scan.  That may be what screwed up the format.  That and trying to vary the
font size. I don't know. If anyone can help me I would appreciate any
suggestions. You can write me on list  or off  at
agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

Amy
feeling stupid in Miami