[bookshare-discuss] Re: Just An Observation

  • From: "John Huffman" <j73.huffman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:17:15 -0400

Back when I had a working scanner to team up with my Optacon, I noticed that
certain type fonts tended to produce a missing space between words.

Other frequent scanner errors I found were confusion of the number 1 with a
lower-case letter l and vice versa, and confusion of the number 5 and
lower-case s.  I suspect a screen reader would be much more efficient than the
human eye at finding these errors.

Welcome, Sue, to this list,

From one newcomer to another, JH

John Huffman