[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fwd: [bardtalk] Fw: BARD update

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:26:52 -0700

On the subject of BARD I just signed up for it and just received a telephone call and they said that I'm going to get my advanced DTB player a week from today sending it out tomorrow so perhaps even next Friday I'll have it but no cartridge I have to purchase some and I have a regular USB drive two a 2gig one but it also has my screen reader on it which is NVDA and Miranda IM instant messenger but they don't take up a lot of space totall of like 12mb. I'm so excited and kind of nervous and new to this but am looking forward to it eagerly, is this how you all felt when you got your first digital talking book players whatever they may be? I feel great. Like it is my birthday or better yet, Christmas all over again! So since Web Braille is going to merge with BARD, how will that work with Kurzweil users who use the search for books function after web braille kmerges over to bard?

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--

On 4/19/2012 8:24 AM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
I thought that there might be some of you on this list who would be interested in this:

Please see the message below from the National Library Service (NLS). This message will only apply to those patrons that have not used BARD in over a year.

block quote
NLS is moving toward its first program upgrade for BARD, which includes the incorporation of Web-Braille. In preparation for this upgrade, we will be cleaning up inactive accounts. Accounts with a current status of Closed will be deleted, as will Suspended accounts that have held that status for more than a year. In addition, BARD accounts that have an Active status but have not been used for one year or longer will be changed to Suspended. If they are not reactivated
within a year, they will be automatically deleted.

Once a BARD account is closed, its BARD ID and e-mail address become available for assignment to another patron. Patrons with Suspended accounts cannot access BARD and will receive an e-mail requesting they contact their local library for reinstatement.
block quote end

__._,_.___
Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic
(1)
Recent Activity:
list of 1 items
• New Members
1
list end
Visit Your Group
Visit:
http://www.bardtalk.com
to find quick answers to frequently asked
questions.

Follow other useful links concerning digital audio players such as the
Victor Reader Stream and GWMicro BookSense, or find helpful links to other
support lists.
Yahoo! Groups
Switch to:
Text-Only,
Daily Digest
• Unsubscribe
• Terms of Use.
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.