[bookshare-discuss] Re: Favorite books of 2007?

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:13:32 -0700

Hi Booksharians,

Wow.  I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's favorite books on here.
Now I have even more books that I want to read, thus adding another layer onto the pile of books I already have on my computer. But can one ever really have
too many books? <smile>.

I'm responding specifically to some of Maithe's favorite books because we
seem to have a lot of favorites in common.  Maithe, you seem to have great
taste! <grin>.

To anyone who hasn't read Kim Harrison I totally recommend her.  She writes
a series about a witch, a vampire, and a pixy who are all bounty hunters.
The books are just so much fun.  And if any of you are skimming over this
paragraph because you say you're not really into fantasy, I still recommend
you read these ooks because I'm not much of a fantasy reader myself and I still totally love Harrison. I haven't read her latest book, but did read
the first four this year.

Iris Johansen is a wonderful mystery author.  I've been reading her books
since I was 15.  My favorite book of hers is called And Then You Die and is
not on Bookshare.  Hint hint... anyone wanna scan it?  My favorite of
Johansen's that is on Bookshare is called The Search, or maybe Firestorm, or
Countdown.  I like all of those.  This past year I read two Johansen books;
Stalemate and Pandora's Daughter.  I loved Stalemate and couldn't put it
down, but for some reason Pandora's Daughter left me cold.  It was okay, but
certainly not one of Johansen's best.  Has anyone else read that one?

Maithe also mentioned J. D. Robb's mystery series.  Those books are about a
New York woman police officer living in 2058.  I stumbled upon the
series last spring and now have read roughly 12 of them.

Lastly, Maithe wrote about Janet Evanovich and I definitely recommend her
too.  She writes several series, but my favorite is a mystery series
featuring Stephanie Plum.  These stories are a good mix of mystery and crazy
laughs.

Okay, I just had to comment on a couple of the books from the message below.
As I said, I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's fave books.

All the best,
Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "maithe007" <maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>