[bookshare-discuss] Dividing brf files

  • From: "Suzanne Wilson" <suzanne.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:10:05 -0400

Hello everyone,
I use a Braille Lite 40 and download books using Hyperterminal.  I have no
problems when the books are shorter, but can't download larger ones, such as
the latest Harry Potter book and Bill Clinton's autobiography.  It seems to me
that the most logical way to get around this problem is to divide the brf file
somehow, maybe making it into two or three parts and transferring them to my
Braille Lite in smaller packets.  Perhaps this is an elementary question, but
can anyone, either on or off list, give me some pointers on how to divide the
file and save it?  Incidentally, for those of you who know Braille Lite lingo,
I can only download into my ram file, not my flash memory, and I have cleared
everything out of ram and there still isn't enough room.  Any ideas?  I'm dying
to read longer books too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sue

"You must become the change you wish to see in the world."  --- Mahatma Gandhi