[bookshare-discuss] Book submitted: Waiter Rant

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:08:48 -0400

Hi you all, and an adult submission which perhaps could be just as scary.

To whom will proof it add it to the Entertainment category too please?

 ISBN:
 978-0-06-125668-4

 Title:
 Waiter Rant: Thanks For The Tip--confessions Of A Cynical Waiter

 Author(s):
 Steve Dublanica, Waiter

 Publisher:
 HarperCollins Publishers

 Copyright Date:
 2008

 Copyrighted By:
 Waiter Rant LLC.

 Brief Synopsis:
Based on the award-winning blog, "Waiter Rant" tells the story from the server's point of view, replete with tales of customer stupidity, arrogance, and misbehavior.

 Long Synopsis:
FROM THE PRIZE-WINNING BLOGGER OF WAITERRANT.NET, AN INSIDER'S HILARIOUS LOOK AT A WAITER'S LIFE AT AN UPSCALE NEW YORK-AREA RESTAURANT- KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL AT THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE. According to The Waiter, eighty percent of customers are nice people just looking for something to eat. The remaining twenty percent, however, are socially maladjusted psychopaths. Waiter Rant offers the server's unique point of view, replete with tales of customer stupidity, arrogant misbehavior, and unseen bits of human grace transpiring in the most unlikely places. Through outrageous stories, The Waiter reveals the secrets to getting good service, proper tipping etiquette, and how to keep him from spitting in your food. The Waiter also shares his ongoing struggle, at age thirty-eight, to figure out if he can finally leave the first job at which he's truly thrived.

 Comments:
I don't believe this book should be marked adult. J.M.O. though but I would have taken the designation off. Is a easy book to proof, needs page numbers inserted where they aren't present. Besides that should be a fairly easy submission. Contact me if you have any questions. juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Adult content:
 Yes

 Language:
 English US

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 Nonfiction, Biographies and Memoirs

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)