[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Submitted: Man Who Walked Between the Towers

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <jmu1942@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:56:03 -0500

Yes, thanks, that helped a lot.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 8:25 AM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Submitted: Man Who Walked Between the
Towers

Validators, download the books that are submitted, and check for the
important info, author, title, copyright date and holder, and if the book is
complete and readable.  You can work on any of the formats, which we have
about ten different ones, so can use the one that you can work with.  Some
validators make improvements to the text before uploading, like fixing
errors and the like.

And you can start out with excellent books and as you get more experience
try the harder levels smile, fair for example.

Basically you are a proofreader.

H.T.H.

To get involved you need to email

volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And there is also an application on the website, I suspect, smile, though it
has been a long time since I have been a volunteer and member, so don't
remember how I joined, smile.

H.T.H.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.