[bookshare-discuss] Re: An alternative to Unsubscribing

  • From: "Susan Wojtecki" <wojtecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:32:29 -0400

I have been trying to unsubscribe from this list but have been unsuccessful.
I have written to Peter privately asking for help and wonder if this message
was somewhat in response to my request.  If so, while I appreciate the
suggestion of ignoring conversations/deleting messages, it does not address
the issue of lack of control of one's subscription.  I do not want to simply
ignore certain threads, I want to be able to remove myself but the Freelists
interface is not allowing me to do this.  I am on other listserves and have
never had a problem subscribing and unsubscribing, but with Freelists I have
been unable to either subscribe or unsub at will, very frustrating.  I
apologize for bringing this problem to the list, but my private inquiries to
Peter and Jesse may be lost in their inboxes or at least have not been
responded to.  I have tried to unsub with what I think is the proper
procedure using every command line that seems logical, and find that I will
get the confirmation message but continue to receive list mail whether I try
replying to it or not, so what am I missing?  Help from the
moderator/listowner very much needed and appreciated.

Susan