[bookport] Re: wma files

  • From: "William Stephan" <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:47:18 -0600

Bob:

As far as I know, it cannot.  However, I ran into this same problem a couple
weeks back and here's what I did.

I loaded the music onto my hard drive.

Then, I opened it with Goldwave.

I then saved the files as .wavv files.

Next, I used the Book Port transfer software to load them into the unit.

The unit says it's converting the files to mp3 format while it's transferring,
but the extensions remain .wav when you look at them in say Windows Explorer.

They work very well BTW, and using this process, I used a little less than one
meg per minute of playing time.

Hope this helps.

Bill Stephan
Kansas City, MO