[bookport] Re: web braille and the book port

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:28:04 -0500

You can solve that problem by changing the name of the file before you download it. I do it all the time. The first few hundred web Braille books I downloaded had the numbers for file names. What an annoyance that is!

To change the name, go to the download link of the file. Accept the license agreement. After you have pressed the accept button, press the save button in the download dialogue box. When you hear, "Save as." delete the file name that is in the edit box. Type in the title of the book plus the volume number. Press "Save." and you are good to go. I copy the title of the book from the catalog and then paste it in the file name edit box. It saves time. Don't forget to type in the volume number, though.

At 10:22 AM 4/21/2007, lana wrote:
Yes, you can. I've done it, but was a long time ago, and don't remember all the steps. I remembered that I downloaded each volume to my computer, then used bookport transfer to move it there as a brf file. The volumes retain the brf number as their title; so I created a folder for each book. Believe me, if you get a bunch of brf titles in one folder, life gets interesting. My other files pick up the real title on the Book Port, but not the web braille.
Have fun.