[bookport] Re: two questions about new firmware

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:59:25 -0400

I believe the periodical behavior is a problem with the way the material =
is marked up.  We are attempting to work with bookshare.org now to find a =
resolution to this problem.

Unfortunately, there is no support in the hardware for the right space key =
on the chord-F.  We are looking for a better, more consistant means of =
entering the find text.  A couple of ideas: 7+8+9, or the B or E key, but =
we don't have anything definate in mind yet.

>>> paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, August 20, 2004 2:35:23 AM >>>
Hi, Everyone. I just tried downloading USA today from bookshare and =
it into my bp.I noticed that the 1 4 and 3 6 keys don't seem to move=20
anywhere. I have to use the 4 6 and 7 9 keys to move between articles. =
Why=20
don't the first set of keys work?
I would have thought the top set would move between articles as I =
thought=20
the 46 7 9 keys were for moving between subsections.
Next, I tried my hand at doing a word search. Why does chord f only =
work=20
with the left space key and not with the right?
I also noticed that there were two pages as I was looking up new =
features=20
that gave me a this page cannot be displayed message.
Also, note that if you have service pack two for xp, it will warn you =
about=20
bringing up the document. It seems it thinks there are some popups or=20
something.
Thanks.