[bookport] Re: transfer software

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:27:46 -0500

Go to the APH site and get the latest version.  You might want to also
download the latest firmware if you haven't already.

At 11:53 AM 6/12/2005, you wrote:
>Hello again,
>This comp crashed a couple months ago, so in reguards to the book port I
>have primarily only been using it with my laptop, but I would like to get
>it going with my desktop again.
>Firstly when I go to open the transfer software I get an error which says:
>
>Book Port Transfer graphic 887
>Unable to start the EZBraille translator.
>
>and then you click the ok button and nothing even opens up, erelevant to
>what you were planning to send to the bp.
>Secondly, It may be related to the transfer software problem, but when I
>hook up the book port it does not open the program automaticly to display
>the error. when I hook it up I guess it's acting like an external hard
>drive or media player because it's displaying an empty folder view, and
>the title simply says removeable disk K. The fact that it's empty is fine
>because I just formatted the card, but I was surprised that the program
>did not open automaticly. That is when I went to open the program manually
>and got the error. How do I fix the error, or is it easier to simply
>uninstall and reinstall? I have just moved, so at the moment do not have
>the CD the transfer software came on. Can I download the whole program
>from the web?  or just the updates? While I'm at it, I also get an error
>when trying to open the spider software, but that error won't come into
>the virtual viewer in order for me to copy paste it into a message.
>Basicly it says the page is displaying some kind of
>script error, line 18 char 1, then says error activex can't create object,
>something launcher, code 0, and then gives some web address beginning with
>the aph stem, and then asks if I want to continue running scripts on this
>page and gives me a yes or no button with no cancel button. If exact
>wording is necessary I can go back and look at it more closely, but I'm
>guessing someone will have an idea what is happening here.
>Tiff

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...