[bookport] Re: supporting unfiltered files

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:03:36 -0400

If transferring .txt format material to the Book Port via the transfer
program is taking more than a few seconds, something is _seriously_ wrong.
Even when converting these to audio, there's no way it can possibly be
taking more than a very few hours and that's even generous. A day and a half
is utterly unprecedented and proves that something's very wrong somewhere.
I'd start with a thorough virus and spyware/adware cleanup of the hard disk
and if that doesn't work, then uninstall and re-install the transfer
program.