[bookport] Re: suggestions

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:52:03 -0400

We've gone around and around on the "springs vs. clips" issue in the past
and there's been little consensus, except that the folks at APH are
convinced that overall, the clips do last longer.

As to the ear buds, most of us either can't stand to wear them for any
extended period of time or we simply prefer the sound of a good pair of
folding stereo headphones. Speaking only for myself, I absolutely cannot
wear them at all because of the shape of the openings in my ears--they
refuse to stay in place. I must have five or six pairs of unused ear buds
around from various pieces of equipment. It shouldn't be difficult to sort
left from right (remember that the hardware reverses the channels, anyway)
and mark them at home with a small piece of Dymo tape, electrical tape, etc.

Theoretically, I agree with you about the desirability of being able to
direct the output of the transfer program to a card reader instead of
directly to the Book Port, but perhaps we're both overlooking something like
some kind of strange legal requirement or something.