[bookport] Re: skipping chapters

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:55:46 -0400

The d+e and e+f commands are the Power move commands and should be found in
the manual under that title.  They are designed to move in ever decreasing
increments.  For example, if you start at the beginning of a file and hit
e+f you'll move forward by either 49 or 50 per cent. I confess, I have
forgotten exactly which).  Then if you hit e+f again you'll move forward
again but only by half the percentage.  This makes it easier to zero in on
the part of the book that you're looking for.  Each time you move forward or
backward, the per centage moved drops by half.  Someone else will have to
refresh my memory on how to reset it.  But I've used these commands many
times and have found them extremely helpful when, for some reason, I've lost
my place and need to find it again in a long book.  Lou