[bookport] Re: problem unpacking bookshare books

  • From: Beth White <bethwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:08:02 -0400

Hi, I have seen this problem before, too. Clarification: unpacking bookshare books and using the bookport, either in send-to mode or from the transfer program, are two different issues.

You first need to unpack the book on bookshare. Once that's done, you can open bookport transfer from your desktop--if you have a shortcut there--or you can send the unpacked daisy or brf file to the bookport. I don't know why, but the drive showing up like that just happens to me, too, and I just open transfer from my desktop, or use the send-to command.

Try that: I hope it works.
All best,
Beth