[bookport] Re: new book port coming?

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:04:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm always looking for a better voice to do my reading. It is just one of those
things. I called the manufacturer of the Double Talk the other day to try to
get some information on their development plans. From what little they would
tell me, it didn't sound like they had anything in the works. The only reason I
would change from my current Book Port is always for an imporved voice. Don't
get me wrong now that I have gotten use to Perfect Pete I do a great deal of
reading with that voice. But as I say, I am always looking for technological
improvements.
Jim -- Michigan

Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
So far it's little more than a rumor, not at all substantiated by what APH
has said on this list. APH says that an eventual new BP is inevitable, but
that's about it. Innovative ideas are frowned on by average users, so any
new unit will likely be badly received.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews