[bookport] Re: modifications

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:13:25 -0400

Hi Rich.

How about providing some concrete examples about manual improvements?  We =
want to make this device as good as it can be, and the manual is a big =
part of that.

>>> richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx Saturday, October 16, 2004 10:38:13 AM >>>
Hi everyone;
I'm a relatively new user and love my bookport.  I'm actually beginning to
figure things out.  As for my wish list, first of all I think the manual
could use some serious work.  Yes everything is there but some of the =
basics
are discussed endlessly and some of the more complex issues are just =
touched
on.
Secondly, lots of people have mentioned their need for an a c adaptor.  =
The
issue as pretty well been dismissed because of weight and size.  I would
think that all you would need is a plug.  The real work is done by the =
unit
that plugs into the wall outlet.  It doesn't really matter how big the =
wall
charger has to be.
Using txt files and  bookshare files, however, I have read several books =
and
not put a dent in the batteries.  I haven't done a lot with mp3 files =
which
may make the difference.
Rich