[bookport] Re: it came yesterday.

  • From: "Caroline Congdon" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:38:34 -0500

Mine came yesterday as well, and I'm having a great time with it.  The only
problem I had was that the key diagram that came with it is for the older
version, so once I upgraded, a couple of the functions, (the help key for
example), had changed.  I figured it out though after looking through the
manual.  I think the manual is very well done, and having the ability to jump
from section to section is great.  It makes it much easier to find needed
keystrokes faster.

I do have one suggestion, but like the file size information in the software, I
don't know if it would be possible to add this.  I think it would be extremely
helpful to have a key learn mode built into the unit so that you could enter a
mode and press keys to be told what they do without actually acting on them.  I
think it'd be nice for those people who don't read manuals.  SMILE!  After
twenty-four hours I can all ready see why people like their units, and I'm
looking forward to new versions.  Once I'm more comfortable with the existing
commands I hope to be able to start working with the beta versions.

Caroline

Caroline Congdon; Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Check out my blog at
http://ccongdon.wordpress.com
or add me to your Livejournal friends list with username tazcat
mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx