[bookport] Re: has any heard of this divice

  • From: "Michael Bowman-Jones" <mikebowmanjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:46:14 -0700

Greetings, all.

We seem to have wandered off-topic relative to the BP, but since nobody has yanked our chain, so to speak, I will also jump in.

My type of work more and more requires reading welfare casefiles and supporting documentation. Unfortunately, as Richard (I believe) mentioned, the process of scanning documents as picture images is becoming more and more popular with California's County Welfare Departments and, unfortunately, I have not found a way around this even with JAWs and Open Book and the Freedom Printer. I wonder, though, if the BP would be able to read the imaged document if I transferred it therein from my computer. Any thoughts from the BP gurus out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael