[bookport] Re: compressing mp3 files

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:15:32 -0400

Scott:

I find it surprising that a file at 3X would sound that much better on the =
PC then on the Book Port. I can only suspect that re-encoding the file =
made the difference in this case. Low bit rate files would have this =
problem more than others.

Rob Meredith

>>> n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/28/04 04:35PM >>>
Folks,

Got a question. I used compression and also the option to remove pauses=20
in an mp3 file. I tried speeding it up at 1.5 and that didn't seem to=20
much faster so then I tried 2.0 and then 3.0. I liked 3.0, but this may=20
be normal, but it sounded okay on the machine, but when it was=20
transferred to the BP it sounded pretty distorted. Is this normal or=20
does this affect some mp3 files more than others?
It wasn't so bad I couldn't understand it, but it was not what I had=20
expected.

thanks,
Scott