[bookport] compressing mp3 files

  • From: Scott Howell <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:35:26 -0400

Folks,

Got a question. I used compression and also the option to remove pauses
in an mp3 file. I tried speeding it up at 1.5 and that didn't seem to
much faster so then I tried 2.0 and then 3.0. I liked 3.0, but this may
be normal, but it sounded okay on the machine, but when it was
transferred to the BP it sounded pretty distorted. Is this normal or
does this affect some mp3 files more than others?
It wasn't so bad I couldn't understand it, but it was not what I had
expected.

thanks,
Scott