[bookport] Re: bp carrying case

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:33:30 +1200

Hi Christie and list!

The case seems pricy perhaps in part, because you haven't had it fully explained to you. The case holds your unit. It also has a flap that allows you to cover the keys when you want them covered. The flap can be flipped away from the keys to leave them fully exposed when you require that. This flap also contains a small zipper pocket that can hold a couple extra cards that you may want to keep on hand. I know Sandy carries more than a couple extra cards in hers, though I wouldn't want to cram as much into mine, but it's really a personal preference thing.

Additionally, you will get a shoulder strap and a wrist strap with the case, providing other ways of carrying your unit.

Only a hard case would prevent you from pressing keys unintentionally. As others have mentioned, you can turn off the beeps that indicate the unit has been locked. However, that doesn't mean key presses when the unit is locked will prevent the unit from switching on even briefly when keys are pressed. Certainly, if the lock beep is making too much noise, setting lock beep to no in the settings menu will make things quieter.

My book port in the leather case hangs around my neck all day, using the adjustable shoulder strap that came with the case.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keens" <sneek10@xxxxxxxxxxx>