[bookport] Re: [bookport]problem

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:38:12 -0400

Claude:

It is impossible to know what's going on, without more information.  In
order to know, we need the answers and we need to know what errors
you're getting.  First, if we could, let's take one thing at a time, in
hopes we can get them both up and going.  Does the Book Port work as it
should, away from the computer?  Have you been able to get Book Port
Transfer installed?  Does the software load when you connect your Book
Port to the PC?  Can you see the files on the Book Port?  Have you tried
sending other files, other than RFB&D files?  If not, let's address that
first.  If all of the above works as it should, then we need to know
what happens when you try to install the RFB&D key?  One thing you might
do is update Book Wizard Reader by going to:

www.aph.org/tech/bwr_setup.exe

Download that to the computer and then run it. Then, try running the
key CD again.  However, all of this will work provided that all of the
above works.  If not, let's take it apart and go from there.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ceverett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/12/06 12:40PM >>>
I recently purchased a RFB&D key for my Book Port, and Book wizard.
Unfortunately, though, I have been unable to install it onto my
computer.
Any advice?
        Thanks,
Claude Everett

American by chance, Californian by choice

everyone has a disability, it's just that some, are more aware of

it than others.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King Jr.

(1929 - 1968),

Strength to Love, 1963\