[bookport] Re: bookport versus book courier

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:27:13 -0400

Geraldine -

The Book Port is available only from APH.

Both devices are manufactured by the same vendor. The courier has
differently-shaped buttons and includes some context help that, as I
understand it, will tell you immediately what a given button or combination
of buttons does. I've found the Book Port user interface design to be so
rational, though, that I don't think that such a feature would be at all
useful to me, but I realize that people differ in terms of what they can
remember.

My impression is that the Book Port is undergoing more intense development
of new features and that APH is more responsive to their users by way of
this list. There used to be a comparison of the two devices on the APH Book
Port page, but right now, I can't find it or I'd provide the link. However,
this information may now be somewhat dated.