[bookport] bookport died

  • From: "Kurt E. Yount" <blsmass@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 02:05:08 -0700

My bookport died this evening between one battery change and another.  It
was working fine and it just died.  I got it in about November of last
year.  The irony of all this is that the exact same thing happpened to a
friend of mine who has the book courier.  All of a sudden they just stop
talking.  It is as if the battery change blows something in the
circuitry, perhaps the speech chip, I don't know.  I guess I will have to
send it back and wait weeks to get it fixed.  I used it every single day
from the day I got it, so this is quite distressing and frustrating.  RIP
faithful machine.  Am I correct that the address is 1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville KY (what's the zip?)  Kurt