[bookport] Re: bookport and case

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:01:12 +1300

Hi Lana and list:

I believe someone pointed out on this list that there is a difference. If you want a *holder for your book port, a digital camera case is cheaper and will certainly keep the book port dry and avoid some damage. If you actually want a case for your book port, you get the one made by Executive products because it is specifically designed to function with the book port, not just hold it. It is pricy, but you get what you pay for. You will not have room to include the kitchen sink in the book port case made by Executive Products, but you will have a tight fitting form fitted case surrounding your book port and your choice of wrist or shoulder straps or a solid covered belt clip for carying. The combination of the shoulder strap and lining of the case does seem to reduce if not eliminate the wobbly problem of using the Braille keyboard. As Peter pointed out, if he had the case, he wouldn't have lost his battery cover because the case keeps the book port completely enclosed. There is a cut out for the keyboard that can be cover with the flap when you don't want the keys exposed. No digital camera case can offer that degree of flexibile functionality for the book port because they aren't designed for that purpose. I could not conceptualise the case before I had it in hand. If you have a similar problem, feel free to contact me off list. I'd be happy to give you a call to discuss it in greater detail.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>