[bookport] adventures with the bookport

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:22:28 -0600

I just wanted to share some of my adventures with my new bookport.  Last
Friday, I walked to my class while reading a novel I downloaded from Web
Braille.  It was so great!  I used to walk everywhere with a CD player, but
there was still a lot of stuff I couldn’t read.  My trip to class was so
enjoyable.  However, my BP stopped abruptly on my way back.  The keyboard
was still locked, and my batteries weren’t running low.  It has not happened
since, but I figured I should report it.

Then last night my husband was doing a paper.  He needed something from a
Bible commentary.  I grabbed my bookport because I knew I had the book he
needed to refer to.  I looked up what he needed, and I had the reference he
wanted.  By the way, he was doing an art assignment where he was comparing
sculptures of David. My quick handling of the bookport saved the day.  He
could have looked it up himself in print, but he would have lost his place
in the paper.  That’s just the person he is.  I am glad I was able to help
with the bookport.  Thanks.

Kasondra Payne