[bookport] Using the Book Port Spider

  • From: "MICHAEL MCCARTY" <mmccarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:58:47 -0400

The Spider program really is confusing to me, so I'm going to ask you
good folks how it works?

I understand that you start with a URL, and bring up the Spider by
using the context menu.  I see the links on the Spider page, and I
highlight the first link that I want to save.  Once I highlight the
link, I hit ALT+B for Begin.  I then go back to the list of links and
highlight the link that I want to have saved last, and hit the ALT+E for
End.  I then chose the Go button, and after a few seconds, I get some
sounds.

I assume the program has done its thing, so now, what do I do?  I guess
if I choose Save, the program would try to send this information to the
Book Port, I didn't have mine connected at the time, so the Save button
didn't seem to work.  Question, is there a way to look at the file that
is going to be sent to the Book Port?  Is one large file sent to the BP,
or several files for each link between your start and end positions?

Michael McCarty
Fred's Head Database Coordinator
American Printing House for the Blind
Phone: 502 895-2405