[bookport] Suggestion for manual re: braille entry

  • From: Angie Matney <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:02:55 -0400

Hello all,

Maybe a sentence could be added to the manual to help clarify how the
braille keys are labeled. After the instructions about how to turn the
bookport, something like the following might be added to the
description at an appropriate spot:

Thus, dots 1, 2, and 3 are *, A, and D respectively. I think this
would really help people understand the braille orientation. It seems
very intuitive to me now, but I had to contemplate it for a minute
when I first tried to use braille entry. I wanted to think of the
middle two columns as a braille cell. I know it says the top row make
the braille keys, but for some reason, this was not immediately
obvious to me either. I think maybe it's because the keys are round,
like over-sized braille dots. <grin>

Angie