[bookport] Re: Still off topic

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:11:07 -0500

Sharon -

No, I'm not able to see the lights, but all you have to do is plug the
dongle into the Book Port's headphone jack. There's nothing else to
"recognize." You _do_ have to hold down the button on the dongle for several
seconds, though. Do the following in order:

1. Press the on/off switch on the right headphone earpiece until you hear a
rising set of tones.
2. Press the button on the dongle for about 5 seconds or so. When you
release it, you should hear a single tone.
3. Turn on the Book Port. You should hear it coming through the headphones.

When done, first repeat the step for the dongle. You won't hear a tone when
turning it off, but hold the button down for 5 seconds or so. . When you no
longer hear the Book Port (or whatever audio device you're connected to),
turn the source audio device off. Then, repeat the step for the
headphones--this time, you'll hear a descending set of tones.