[bookport] Re: Rolling back to Book Port Transfer version 2.20

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:10:55 -0600

Steve, I would suggest totally removing the transfer software under add/remove and then clean out all your temp files, reboot and start over. I bet you have leftovers hidden and lying around.

At 10:49 PM 3/31/2006 -0500, you wrote:
Hi to everyone who responded to my original question on this subject:

It sounds as if I'm the only one who hasn't managed to get the 65 beta to work properly. As I said in my previous note, it starts but crashes the minute I move beyond the first file in the PC file list. The interesting thing is that I can move through the list of files on the Book Port without the software crashing.

Like Dave, I have never had a problem with a beta previously but this one has certainly been catastrophic for me and as I also said, rolling back to version 2.2.0 hasn't resolved the problem as it too is now crashing when I try to move beyond the first file in the PC file list, something it never used to do.

I won't be reading e-mail for about 10 days so am sure I'll have lots of notes about this problem by then. I just hope my Eudora filter continues to work as it has so far. <smile>

Cheers,

Steve

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail: Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training