[bookport] Problems with Book Port

  • From: "Michael Massey" <micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:45:14 -0600

Hi.  I am having similar problems to a recent topic of discussion on this
list--book port not being recognized after firmware and software updates
were installed.  I am using Windows XP service pack two and am wondering if
this is causing this problem.

When I connect the book port to the usb cable nothing happens.  The software
does not launch unless I fiddle or jiggle the cable end closest to the book
port and then I can get the book port transfer to launch.  After I
disconnect the book port it some times locks up and no amount of presses of
the two and the b keys reset the unit.  I had to remove the batteries
yesterday in order to get the unit going again.  I even pressed the d e and
f keys so as not to lose my settings and lost them anyway.  Anybody else had
this problem?

Michael Massey