[bookport] Paginations

  • From: Nolan Crabb <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:54:12 -0700

Hi, Everyone,

I've scanned a number of titles which I will eventually upload to Book
Share, but I want to read them first.  I've stripped errors and inserted
manual page breaks in MS Word at the point where the pages break.  Does
Book Port recognize the manual page break symbol in MS Word as a
marker?  Well, obviously it does, so let me try the question differently:

Let's assume that I copied the symbol for the manual page break from MS
Word.  Now I want to put it in the list of markers for Book Port to find
when I'm using it.  Does that symbol faithfully copy to the transport
software's list of markers?  I know the manual page break symbol, done by
doing a Control-Enter keystroke combination, is apparently different from
the page break symbol that occurs in Word when you reach the end of a
page.  I've created custom-sized pages such that the manual page breaks
resulting from the scan of the book are always closer together than the
paper size, thereby preventing Word from inserting its own automatic page
breaks.  I hope I've not confused and bored everyone utterly to the
brink.  Please someone who has worked with the insertion of markers in that
list, let me know whether the manual page break in Word will faithfully
copy into the Book Port transfer software list.  For some reason, I can't
get Book Port to recognize new pages when I'm reading one of my scanned
books and tap the 9 or the 7 keys to go forward or backward through a book
a page at a time.  It works great with web-braille books and with braille
magazines from NLS.  I just can't seem to get it to recognize the MS Word
manual page break thing.

Best Regards,

Nolan Crabb