[bookport] Re: Paginations

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:25:26 -0400

Nolan:

Book Port does not recognize Word's page breaks. In my oppinion, the best =
thing you can do is lose Word and just use a text editor. Then, you can =
insert Form Feed characters (Ctrl+L) for as many page breaks as you wish.

Rob Meredith

>>> ncrabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/26/04 05:54PM >>>
Hi, Everyone,

I've scanned a number of titles which I will eventually upload to Book=20
Share, but I want to read them first.  I've stripped errors and inserted=20=

manual page breaks in MS Word at the point where the pages break.  Does=20
Book Port recognize the manual page break symbol in MS Word as a=20
marker?  Well, obviously it does, so let me try the question differently:

Let's assume that I copied the symbol for the manual page break from MS=20
Word.  Now I want to put it in the list of markers for Book Port to =
find=20
when I'm using it.  Does that symbol faithfully copy to the transport=20
software's list of markers?  I know the manual page break symbol, done =
by=20
doing a Control-Enter keystroke combination, is apparently different =
from=20
the page break symbol that occurs in Word when you reach the end of a=20
page.  I've created custom-sized pages such that the manual page breaks=20
resulting from the scan of the book are always closer together than the=20
paper size, thereby preventing Word from inserting its own automatic =
page=20
breaks.  I hope I've not confused and bored everyone utterly to the=20
brink.  Please someone who has worked with the insertion of markers in =
that=20
list, let me know whether the manual page break in Word will faithfully=20
copy into the Book Port transfer software list.  For some reason, I =
can't=20
get Book Port to recognize new pages when I'm reading one of my scanned=20
books and tap the 9 or the 7 keys to go forward or backward through a =
book=20
a page at a time.  It works great with web-braille books and with =
braille=20
magazines from NLS.  I just can't seem to get it to recognize the MS =
Word=20
manual page break thing.

Best Regards,

Nolan Crabb