[bookport] Re: Page Bug

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:18:10 -0400

Are you sure that the number of pages that the BP recognizes really _are_
pages? That is, there's no relationship whatever between what you may _hear_
announced as pages as a result of the scanning and what the BP actually
_sees_ as pages. I have a book with, supposedly, over a thousand "pages" in
it, but the BP only sees slightly over 200 and I've verified that this is
the actual case. The BP determines what is a page based on the presence or
absence of a hex 0C character in the file, not on print page numbers.