[bookport] Re: New Firmware and Software Betas

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:31:22 -0400

Robert, I've found that the upper case pitch raise works for some files and
not for others.  It doesn't seem to work on .brf files, at least the ones
from Book Share,  However, on some material I had scanned myself, it worked
great.   Could be a translation issue.  And as long as I'm discussing the
beta, I notice that even though the lock beep may be turned  off, the unit
still powers up when a key is pressed.  Not sure I see the need for this
unless it was impossible to program the unit to stay off unless the unlock
command was issued.  But this, of course, is a very minor complaint and I
continue to be amazed at the improvements APH is making.  The BP is still,
far and away my favorite piece of access technology.  Lou