[bookport] Re: Mini U S B cable name?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:57:19 -0500

The end that goes into the PC end is a standard 4 PIN USB A.  Just like
any other.  This information is in the User's Manual.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/27/06 08:50AM >>>
Hey, Guys!

    Okay, this may indeed be stupid, but with the plethora of different

cables out there, I don't have a clue which is right for my Bookport,
without actually leaving my cozy little home, going to a store, and
doing a
comparison with some customer service person, who has a nosering and a

tattoo on his forehead.  Ugh!

    I'm pretty sure that the smaller end is called a mini-B U S B
cable, but
not sure about the "normal" U S B side... is it U S B A?  Is it U S B
2.0?
Is it U S B A male?

    I'm not completely sure about the smaller end, but that seems to be
the
most often mentioned... of course, there isn't any mention of the
specific
cable on the APH site, but then again, when they wrote up all of the
specs
some time ago, there weren't as many variations of the cable as the
stars in
the sky either.

    Okay, I'll stop being grumpy, and will go back to work, and thank
you
good people in advance.  Thanks much!

Billy