[bookport] Re: Mini U S B cable name?

  • From: "Francis E. Khan" <fekhan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:57:01 -0400

Ask for a mini-B cable.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Billy Littlejohn" <blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bookport Help" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 9:50 AM
Subject: [bookport] Mini U S B cable name?

Hey, Guys!

Okay, this may indeed be stupid, but with the plethora of different cables out there, I don't have a clue which is right for my Bookport, without actually leaving my cozy little home, going to a store, and doing a comparison with some customer service person, who has a nosering and a tattoo on his forehead. Ugh!

I'm pretty sure that the smaller end is called a mini-B U S B cable, but not sure about the "normal" U S B side... is it U S B A? Is it U S B 2.0? Is it U S B A male?

I'm not completely sure about the smaller end, but that seems to be the most often mentioned... of course, there isn't any mention of the specific cable on the APH site, but then again, when they wrote up all of the specs some time ago, there weren't as many variations of the cable as the stars in the sky either.

Okay, I'll stop being grumpy, and will go back to work, and thank you good people in advance. Thanks much!

Billy