[bookport] Re: Just chedck the website

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:23:07 -0500 (CDT)

I had no idea that the notion of mentioning in the manual that not all sources are available to all people would bother as many people as it apparently does. I didn't need this myself, I was very aware when I bought my BP what I could and could not access, but I could see someone in a country such as Canada or anotehr country reading through the documentation, pondering the purchase of a BP, seeing all these sources of books listed, and it just not occurring to them that there would be restrictions depending on geography. It would be a very understandable and forgivable oversight, I would think.

Bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 NIV

Bruce Toews

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Kotler/McCarthy Marv/Josie wrote:

Just go to the particular website and they will state whether residents out
of the united states can join or not
Marvin Kotler
From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: Suggestion for Manual Change
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:12:37 -0400

I agree. All you're doing is pointing people to _sources_ and it's up to
those persons to determine whether or not they qualify to receive materials
from those sources. Since qualifications and requirements are always subject
to change with any such organization, I don't feel that it's APH's
responsibility to track and list them.