[bookport] Re: I like my Bookport

  • From: "Yerba Bruja" <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 05:38:46 -0500

Hi Richard:

You can send mp3 files to the bookport without the devices transfer protocol. Often I just take the card, put it on a card reader, and paste them directly onto the card without even having bookport connected to my laptop. The electronic braille files and the text files have to be saved on the bookport via the transfer protocol. That's because in the case of the braille files, Bookport has to add the translation software that would allow the device to read them. In the case of the braille and text files, the device has to add other software which would allow you to move throughout the file and find your place, go to specific pages, etc..

Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Fiorello" <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>