[bookport] Help! BP transfer software Hangs up while updating

  • From: "Primo Cadawas" <pcadawas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BookPort" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:55:36 -0400

Hello Listers,

I just having a problem with my Book Port transfer software.

I got this new computer , of course it's using window vista.

I downloaded the new transfer software, Installed it, and it work for a while.

The other day, I did the option setting, and checked the check for auto check
update for both the firmware and the software transfer.

So when I connected my book port to the USB, It automatically look for the new
update.

The Problem is...

The book port transfer software  hang up, and it list this error message.

" Book Port software update not responding. "

The transfer software hang up, and never do any thing. I can mot even close it.

I did the alt+f4 to close the application, and the window show.
" Microsoft Windows

[Main Instruction]
Book Port Transfer MFC Application is not responding

[Content]
If you close the program, you might lose information.

[Close the program] [Wait for the program to respond]"

If I click the close button, the book port update not responding will show
again, and then no more respond even I press the alt+f4 key.

NOW..

This message" book port update not responding "

show every time I open the book port transfer. So That mean I can not upload
any books to my beloved book port using the transfer software.

What I did?

1, I uninstalled the book port transfer from my computer, deleted manually all
the left over files from the book port transfer folder, and re install the
bp_setup again.

Guest what happened?

It did the sane thing! the **/$  " Book port upgrade not responding" Message
pop up again when I run the transfer software, or hook up the Book port to
the usb.

Any suggestions? Do any one had this type of problem?

I hope that someone fro the list can help me solve this mystery.

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Primo