[bookport] Choosing A Card Reader

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Book Port <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:20:34 -0400

Hi guys. I live in the dark ages, meaning that neither my desktop nor laptop has a card reader. I'm going to buy one and thought I'd ask here if anyone has any tips to share in choosing a good reader. Since my desktop computer only has 2 USB ports, I'm feeling crowded with external devices. I have a 4-port hub for USB, but some devices say they don't get enough power from it. I've seen a device on Ebay that plugs into a floppy drive bay. It is a card reader and provides some front side USB ports too. Has anyone used one of these? The downside is that I couldn't use the gadget on my laptop, of course. The USB traffic jam is a bit of a problem though, and this gadget looks like a good solution.

Monica Willyard