[bookport] Re: Has anyone heard of this device?

  • From: "Jeanette Beal" <bealjk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:19:47 -0400

Yeah I think it's all principal really.  There's value in knowing how to
stencil before learning cursive, same goes for all of this.  I'm grateful
for what skills I have, but I'm really glad I can just press a button and
have a machine do it for me too.
But I'm lazy.  There's a lot to be said for inherent laziness.
- Jeanette

On 8/25/06, Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I graduated from high school in 1970, if someone had told me there would be a device like the Bookport or a PC, for that matter, I wouldn't have believed them. I am rather conservative in most ways, but, as far as technology is concerned, I wouldn't ever want to go back to the "good old days".

At 02:57 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:
>As someone who graduated high school in 1974 with nothing more
>technologically advanced than a manual typewriter and sometimes taped
>textbooks, I sure due envy the plethora of techie devices current
students
>have access to.  I would give anything to be debating whether I needed a
>laptop or a Pacmate.  Slate and stylus anyone?  Tried to resist posting
this
>but just had to say how lucky you students are nowadays and I am happy
for
>you.
>
>Joni

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
hope. 12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for
me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says
the LORD...