[bookport] Re: Great Product but seems to be unstable!

  • From: "Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)" <j.cosgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:03:40 +0100

Hello Christopher

I was sorry to read that you had a white noise problem with your MP3s on the
Book Port.  I too experienced this problem when I had had the Book Port for
about a week or so - I got mine for my birthday in July - so I thought it was
something I had done.  However, being in the UK, I sent mine back to Hagger
where I had purchased it and the chap kindly replaced it.

When receiving my replaced Book Port, I was very pleased to find that other
things were actually better on it - when I used to press a key and hold it down
to make it louder or softer, the previous Book Port had crashed and did so in
other areas too.  Since I have had the replaced item, I have had no trouble and
only once took the batteries out for a few seconds to put it right but found I
did not need to do that in hindsight.

Certainly, you do need a machine which is stable especially when you are a
student but, if you got a replacement as I did, I am sure you will find a
difference.

I rather think the reason why my first Book Port seemed to be somewhat unstable
might have been something in that particular chip-set but that is only my guess.

Julia.