[bookport] Getting rid of all that junk ...

  • From: peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:46:12 -0600

> The only thing we can do at APH to get rid of all that junk is to get a
> new email program or switch listserves.  We already know we don't want
> topica.com, because they put ads at the top of every message.

One other possibility would be to simply create a new group at Yahoo Groups
(http://groups.yahoo.com/start). It works pretty well, plus it has the
advantage of automatically creating an archive that can be searched by
members, so APH wouldn't have to answer the same question several times.
Members could elect to participate in a Yahoo Book Port list via email, like
they do now, or via a web-interface. Membership can also be restricted or
open to the world.

I don't know whether Yahoo places ads at the top of every message or not -
but in any case, it would be a small price for a free service.

Peter